- This Policy explains the type of Personal Data we collect or have collected, how we collect, process, store and retain your Personal Data, and to whom we disclose or have disclosed your Personal Data as required under the Act.
- By providing your Personal Data to us and/or continuing access to any of our websites, online platforms and/or mobile applications (collectively “our Sites”), you declare that you have read and understood this Policy and agree to us processing your Personal Data in accordance with the manner as set out in this Policy.
- Kindly note that we reserve the right to amend, update and/or vary this Policy at any time. Notification of such revision shall be posted on our Sites and/or other means of communication deemed suitable by OpusT. Please check our Sites from time to time to stay informed of any revisions to this Policy.
B. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We collect and process your personal data in the course of your dealings with us, which includes without limitation:
- your personal details, such as your name, company name, residential address, contact number, email address, date of birth, race, gender, marital status, national registration identity card number, passport number, nationality, images and biometrics;
- specimen, digital or electronic signatures as recognized under applicable laws and regulations;
- your payment details such as your debit/credit card information, bank account details and payment history;
- financial information such as your income and risk profile;
- technical information such as Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone settings, browser plugin types, operating systems and platform, device information and account login information;
- information relating to your activities, habits, preferences and interests arising from your use of our products and services including your views or opinions made known to us via feedback or surveys;
- any details relating to any other person(s) who may be identified from any information, data or document you submit to us; and/or
- any other personal information you provide to us in the course of your dealings with us,
(collectively referred to as "Personal Data").
- We may collect Personal Data:
- when you ask us about our products or services or otherwise communicate with us;
- when you enter into a contract with us;
- when you place an order for the purchase or rental of the products or services with us, both online or offline;
- when you make payment for the purchase or rental of our products or services;
- when you register an account with us;
- when you participate in our promotional events;
- from publicly available sources;
- when you access our Sites;
- when we provide any goods or services to you;
- when you provide us with any feedback, participate in surveys and/or lodge a complaint with us; and/or
- where relevant, from third parties.
We may use and process your Personal Data in a number of ways, including but not limited to the following purposes:
- to register an account with us on our Sites;
- to create, manage and maintain your account on our Sites;
- to process and fulfil your orders of our products or services, both online or offline;
- to assess and/or verify your creditworthiness;
- to process payments made by you or on your behalf for the purchase or rental of our products or services;
- to provide care and enhance customer satisfaction, including but not limited to, resolving complaints, dealing with and/or responding to requests and enquiries, warranty, returns and/or other after sales services;
- to manage and maintain our relationship with you;
- to keep you informed of our products and/or services, promotions, discounts, and/or events;
- to analyse and enhance our marketing communications and strategies;
- to operate, evaluate and improve our business and the products and services we offer;
- for internal record keeping or other administrative purposes;
- for statistical analysis purposes;
- for recruitment purposes;
- for information management and security purposes, including but not limited to managing and administrating e-mails, handling and investigating any security related issue, vulnerability, and/or incidents;
- (if no longer a customer of OpusT) where there are outstanding obligations either on your part or on our part;
- to exercise of any functions conferred by law and/or towards the administration of justice; and/or
- for and/or in connection with all other purpose incidental and/or ancillary to our business or in furtherance to any of the abovementioned purposes,
(collectively referred to as "Purposes").
D. DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
- If and when necessary in connection with the above Purposes, your Personal Data may be disclosed and/or transferred to third parties which may or may not be located outside Malaysia, including but not limited to:
- our affiliates;
- our employees, authorised agents or contractors and other third party service providers who provide services to OpusT for any of the Purposes contemplated in Paragraph C;
- our external advisors, professional or otherwise, including solicitors, accountants and auditors; and/or
- government or quasi-government and regulatory authorities.
- In addition to the above, we may also disclose and transfer your Personal Data to the above third parties for the purposes of any corporate exercise involving OpusT including any merger or acquisition.
E. SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
Although we endeavour to maintain appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect the security of your Personal Data against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration, no electronic transmission of information can be entirely secure. We cannot guarantee that the security measures we have in place are one hundred percent sufficient or effective to safeguard your Personal Data. As a user of our Sites, you agree to assume all responsibilities and risks in your use of our Sites, and acknowledge the existence of all such risks in using the internet generally. To further protect your Personal Data, you should safeguard your username and password (registered on our Sites) and not share such information with anyone.
F. CONSENT, WITHDRAWAL OF CONSENT AND OPT-OUT
- Except as otherwise provided in this Policy, we only collect the Personal Data that you provide to us. If you would prefer that we do not collect Personal Data from you, please do not provide us with any such information or access our Sites. By visiting our Sites, providing Personal Data to us, or otherwise interacting with us, you shall be deemed to have read and consented to our processing of your Personal Data in the manner as described in this Policy. You may withdraw your consent to our processing for any of the above Purposes, at any time by contacting us via the contact details provided below at Paragraph J. If we do not receive any notification from you concerning our processing of your Personal Data, we shall proceed to continue to process the same for the Purposes as set out above, on the basis that you have consented to our current as well as all our previous processing of your Personal Data in accordance with this Policy.
- Please note that we may not be able to provide you with our goods or services if you do not provide us with your consent or withdraw your consent for any of the Purposes.
- Notwithstanding any other provision in this Policy, you may opt out of or unsubscribe from receiving our promotional materials by emailing us via the contact details provided at Paragraph J.
- Where you provide us with Personal Data of other data subject(s), you agree that you shall ensure that the data subject(s) has given consent to this Policy.
G. RETENTION PERIOD
We only keep your Personal Data for as long as we require it in order to fulfil the Purposes stated above (unless we are required to keep it for a longer period to satisfy any legal, regulatory and/or accounting requirements or to protect our interests).
H. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Our Sites may provide links to other websites or social media platforms, including those of our partners, vendors, sponsors, advertisers and affiliates. Please note that we are not responsible for those websites or social media platforms. If you link to or otherwise visit any other site, please review the privacy policies posted at that site.
I. WEB BROWSER COOKIES
Our Sites may use “cookies” to enhance the experience of our users. A "cookie" is an element of data that can be sent to your browser. Your browser may then store it on your system based on the preferences you have set on your browser. Cookies gather information about your operating system including, but not limited to, browser type, and Internet Protocol (IP) address. Our Sites use this information to analyse the traffic on our Sites, and better serve you when you return to our Sites. It is not our intention to use such information to personally identify a user. You have the option to configure your internet browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether or not to accept it. Further, you have the option to block all cookies. Please note, however, that if you refuse or otherwise block cookies you may not be able to use all of the functionalities available on our Sites.
J. INQUIRIES OR COMPLAINTS
Should you require further information, have any complaints regarding the processing of your Personal Data or have any requests as prescribed above, kindly contact us at email@example.com